Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Green Merino


DSC00299
Originally uploaded by naominova
I finally got to spin a little. I tried spinning the first fiber that I bought to use with a spindle. I kept having it break off and then I couldn't get it started again. So I figured I would try this, which is a merino as well, only it is prepared a little differently. So after working on my wheel for a little while I learned that I should hold my fiber down from the orafice and not straight out from it. The wheels that I used before where like that. But the Lendrum is at an angle, as are some other wheels, so you hold the fiber lower.

I was thinking that my wheel hated me, but now that I have figured that out- I am happily spinning. I wish that I didn't have to work or clean or anything else- so I could just spin away:0)

No comments: