Saturday, March 12, 2011

Going backwards to move ahead

I fell in love with a pair of socks in 2007, I have wanted to make them, but they are knee high socks, which I don't wear. I have thought of these socks often and have recently cast on. The socks are enterlac, which I have made a few small things in. Entrelac Socks - Interweave"



I have only cast on and done the toes. I kinda got scared of messing up the enterlac once I got to that point. So I cast on with cotton, figuring a face cloth/wash cloth would be a nice practice piece. I also got to thinking that I should learn how to knit backwards- imagine not having to turn my work any more. I really like and it isn't as hard as I thought it would be. I also noticed that my tension is pretty even and my gauge has loosened up some. I am a tight knitter- so although as you can see going backwards can help you move forward:0)
IMG00125-20110312-1400.jpg

No comments: