Sunday, February 24, 2008

Stitches West

I have only known about Stitches West for a little while. The first time I heard of it was last year when it had just ended. I did not know what it was called, only that it was a yarnaholics heaven. I have checked magazines and asked at LYS's, finally I found a group in Ravelry called Stitches West 2008. How exciting, finally I could go. I checked the web site and marked my calendar. I visioned the booths of yarn, needles, and accessories. I dreamt what I could make with the all the yarn that would call to me. Stitches is now over:( I did not make it.

Maya had a skin problem return from last year. Poor Maya is becoming a hairless Chihuahua again. I am taking her to the Vet that I grew up taking my pets to, after spending a small fortune last year at another Vet. I live in San Francisco and the Vet is in Napa. I had to take Maya to the Vet this weekend for a re-check. Any trip to Napa means I have to spend time with the Family, plus my son loves to visit. I was hoping to come home drop the kids off and head to Santa Clara to at least spend a little time, but realized that Maya's Vet bills have taken my yarn budget, and them some, for the year. What fun would Stitches be if I can't afford to buy anything.

DH talked me into going to WonderCon. It was his money and the my son is an Anime lover. The kids had a great time and DH bought me a couple of t-shirts, one Wonder Woman and one Betty Boop. Will post pictures soon.

Next year my mom, a non-knitter non-crocheter said that she will go with me to Stitches West so I will not have to go alone:0) Stitches West 2009 or bust!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you need to make a shirt with a logo, "Stitches West 2009 or Bust" and put an old covered wagon on it - :)

I happened upon your blog and added you to my blog roll. Not sure how much good it'll do ya, but any bit helps, right? Plus, we're practically neighbors. I'm in Sacramento. :)

Anonymous said...

I live in England and i am coming over for stitches west next year, I am staying with a friend I have met through blogging etc, we have nothing like that over here, I am so excited.